Permission to climb aboard

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Permission to climb aboard

Postby Cruce » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:18 pm

Dear MPC,
1. Who am I?
I am aCruceSalus, formerly DrJackson.SG1. Yes, I am a big Stargate fan. I am 33 and a Test Engineer for a small electronics component company outside of Chicago. Before college, I wanted to do either software development (mainly computer games) or electrical engineering technology. I chose the latter, but mainly write software programs to test the products we develop. I do "fun" programming on the side. I am now to the point to where I am comfortable enough with UT Editor to start my first map, and I can't wait to get my hands dirty with scripting.

2. When do I usually play?
As often as I can. Hehe. I am usually online Wednesday and Thursday evenings and some Saturday mornings. I have more oportunities to play during the summer as my wife goes off to teach summer school at a remote location... She teaches at a college.

3. Why do I want to join MPC?
A little more background. I used to not be a big fan of FPS until one of the guys I work with introduced me to FarCry. Needless to say, I was hooked. I then had to try out Half Life 2, Doom3 and UT2004. I like playing FarCry online, but I enjoy playing UT the most. Am I putting anyone to sleep yet? :o For the longest time I would just randomly join a "public" server and found out that I was not much of a RnG player. Although, those servers did help me to improve... For those of you that have played FarCry online, know that it does not seem as fast pace as UT. Anyways, I finally found my calling when I stumbled onto the "sniper" servers. I do go and play on the public servers with the traditional UT maps every once in a while, but don't enjoy it as much as when I play on the MPC server. After playing on the MPC server for a while, I just got to know some of the players and the type of players that play here. I really like the attitude of the players on MPC. You're not going to get slammed or bashed verbally and hunted down from them. Well... Maybe :o If you need a good whipping, you can definitely get one here. LOL. I guess what I am trying to say is that the attitude of the players is different. It is not fun to play on a server when the players don't treat you with respect. If there is some cool trick that someone is doing, the players that I have played with on MPC have been willing to share their secret moves. On the other servers, you are either ignored or called a noob.

I hope that I show the same attitude and qualities as the players I meet on MPC and maybe even use my skills to contribute to the team... And eventually my playing skills will get to the same level as the MPC members.

Thanks for considering.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Kasper
veteran
veteran

Postby Kasper » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:47 am

Wow...nice message dude...i dont know you yet...but you sounds good for me...you have my vote....but i want to see your skillz too....

-K-

P.S If you want some tricks in this game.....dont ask anybody else than me in this clan....they all noobs...they all learn from me..hahaha :D :D 8-) ...

nah...seriously...if you need something about moves or secret tactics...that would be a pleasure for me to help you.... :D :???:

BlinK
Elite
Elite

Postby BlinK » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:46 am

WoW is i can say too bud .......and i thought when i told everyone i was just a bored postal worker with a drinking problem and a happy thought with the sniper rifle in my hands and they all welcomed me abaord , ha ha But seriously . Ive played you and you've always been kewl with the fragging you get and give. It is like a family unit here some times abit disfunctional but a good one nun the less. We all try to have fun and welcome any new player that happens to come in to the server and most of all , (we have respect for your other fraggers when playing ). Myself and the rest of us welcome you to your new UT home . You have my vote.
P.S I'm A huge Stargate fan too .

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:28 am

Thanks a lot for your support guys.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:10 am

I don't think I get a real vote because I'm not a Senior Member, But if I did I'd say yeah. Rage will tell ya that when Friday night comes I don't like to be bothered in ANY way :roll: (I might miss something). I liked FarScape too, but I already have 3 hours of stuff to watch. It's a good thing they ended it I guess.

See ya on the server!!!! ***

Return to “Recruitment into MPC.”