BFBC2 QUESTION

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:44 am

I've been playing lately, love it...takes some getting used to, like all new games....I'm a fan...add me as a friend [PSI] MetalFinger
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:41 pm

I bought it and will install later tonight. The Boy has some school thing tonight but should be home by 8 Central Time.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Mine is doing much better. I read about how there was a camera shake bug in the beta and most of the cause being the audio. I went out and bought a sound card and stop using my integrated AC'97 chipset audio. Now the camera shake is not as bad. From what I have read, they do still need to take care of the radius of its effect. For example, your all the way across the map with your sniper rifle and an explosion goes off on the opposite side of the map and your camera shakes... Not realistic. OR... You are parachuting into the map and your camera shakes with every explosion down below. I've head about Earthquakes, but never heard of Skyquakes. LOL Anyways, I spend a lot of time on EGG's Hardcore server (Easy Going Guys), based in Chicago.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Well long story short. It locks up and either freezes, or crashes with the blue screen O death. It keeps telling me it is my Video card. It's listed well in the specs. I even have the latest Drivers on everything. Vid card, Sound card, Direct X, Motherboard Bios are all the latest. Oh well, I'll just shelf it till I get the problems fixed or they patch it.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:34 pm

try uninstalling your sound drivers...then restart CPU, they will reinstall properly when it restarts...

here is a post made by one of my friends at PSI, its tips on getting your game to run better....there's plenty more posts made in this section here....
http://psychosnipers.com/xForums/viewforum.php?f=77

Compliments to [PSI] I.C.Holes -

Here are a few tweaks that may help your game run a little better.
of course these may not be for everyone but the lower end computers will benefit greatly from these.
to locate your ini files go to start menu then to documents.then go to BBC2.
your ini files are there.
PS: always make a backup copy before you change anything.

This game is CPU intensive with things like sound thrown at the processor it will not work on single core.
Performance should be much better for everyone now with full optimization and it will get even better after some patches and more stable.
All the items here should still work and help esp shadows and going to dx9.
Make sure you download the latest video drivers from Nvidia and ATI. Use beta drivers at your own risk.
In Game Settings
1-Turn settings to lowest resolution and low setting
2-Turn sound down from hi-fi to headset (you will have to do this each time you load the game) BC2 uses a lot CPU for sound.

1-Change sound quality to low (also changeable in game menu but resets every time to hifi)
2-Change DXVersion-auto to 9 to force DX9
3-Change Bloom=true to false
4-Change HSAO=true to false (also settable in the in-game “advancedâ€￾ graphics settings)helps esp with quad core
5-Change renderaheadlimit to 0 instead of 2

Other settings.ini changes that you can try

- Undergrowth=â€￾mediumâ€￾ – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=â€￾mediumâ€￾ – Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=â€￾2? – This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0?
- Shadows=â€￾mediumâ€￾- you can also set this to low to improve performance
- Textures=â€￾mediumâ€￾- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.
- Aniso=2 – Set this to 0 to disable Anisotropic filtering.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Well I have an even bigger problem now. It would appear that the new video card driver is messing up the card. It is locking up just after starting the computer now. I was able to roll back the sound card driver, but the driver update for the video card deleted the old driver and I don't have 1 to roll back too. I think I'll try pulling the card and delete it that way if possible.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Well I pulled the Video Card from the Kids PC. It has 3 BLOWN capacitors and 1 about to pop. It was never over clocked. I guess I need to get a new card . . .

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 pm

OUCH!! If you're good with a soldering iron, you could probably replace those. I see a couple 1500uF 6.3V and 100uF 6.3v caps. Is this correct? It wouldn't hurt to get caps with a little higher voltage rating... Maybe 10V. I can see if I have any, and the solder pads look nice and big.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm building my new rig, It'll be done some time this weekend...how do I prevent something like this from happening to my new gtx 260's??

My new rig specs...still need optical drive and operating system, eventually I'd like to get another gtx 260 and 6gb of more ram, but going to have to wait a few more weeks for that...I mainly did this build so that I can see Assassins Creed 2 in all its beauty....can't wait

Case - Cooler Master - HAF932 High Air Flow Full Tower
Processor - Intel CI7 920
Motherboard - EVGA X58 ATX SLI
Hard Drive 1 - WD Caviar Black 750GB SATA 3.0Gb
Hard Drive 2 - WD Caviar Green 500GB SATA 3.0Gb
Memory - Corsair 12GB DDR3, 1600MHz 3x240 DIMM XMS3 with Classic Heat Spreader
GPUs - (2) - BFGTECH GTX 260 896MB MAXCORE 55
PSU - Coolmax 950 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply
CPU Cooler - Corsair H50 Hydro Water Cooler
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Optical Drive - LG 22x DVD-RW
Keyboard - RAZER Arctosa Silver USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard
Headset - RAZER Piranha 3.5mm
Mouse - Logitech G500
Last edited by JJJ13 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 pm

:-o WOW Thats a beast :-o
Just got a new GTS250 video card so i could play BFBC2 with a little better frame rate runnin about a 45 to 65 avg running off its setting, seems to run alot better but only played a few times so far I'm hooked on demolition on MW2.

Mrwright if you need to borrow a video card i have a GT9400 that i just pulled out

Hey JJJ if your runnin win 7 post your Windows experience index Its gotta be pegged 8O

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:29 pm

How much do you want for it? Send me a Text if you want. 816-271-3392

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks Clint. I had planed to put the fan from the burned out card on the card you sold me because it doesn't have a fan. The holes were to close together so I couldn't. So I bought an Antec Spot Cool fan. While I had the Heatsink off I wet sanded the bottom for better heat transfer. I didn't get it mirror smooth like I wanted but it is better than factory. I put it in and the game runs pretty good.

Is there a utility I can get for free that will tell me the temp. on the Video card and motherboard processor?

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:10 pm

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

There are others if you wanna google but I've used this one for a while and it works fairly well.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks Yo, I'll give it a try.

I don't realy know how the Friend thing works yet, or much of the game for that matter. I think my name is MR_WRIGHT just like always. I've found 2 Metalfingers, and 2 YoDaddys.

Botkiller
Elite
Elite

Postby Botkiller » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:23 am

My BFBC2 name is Killer64.. Add me to your lists everyone

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”