MPC RANKED SERVER ?

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:16 am

Base rape would be camping on a flag and picking off the spawner's.
So to hang out on a flag and shoot spawners is considered base raping, Well then its no different to spawn on your own flag, just to have assholes in jets dropping bombs on you, take another pass and drop somemore bombs, he dont know if anyone is there or not, he is just hammering the base hopeing he will kill spawners, to me thats plain out base raping. and that kinda shit wont happen on our server or it will get ya banned real quick like.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

cammie
veteran
veteran

Postby cammie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 am

Ok rules..id like to see....simple....anything that cant be realistic....
No C4 jumping onto roofs
no bunny hopping would be nice....but very hard to controle (youll find urself screaming all night and not playing)
No attack on uncaps....except...special Ops allowed to take out assets
No spawn camping (especialy on the hills on Karkand) drives me batty

alot of ppl dont like...c4 on cars to blow up ennemie vehicules.....well this does happen in the real world....so i would think that should be a go...

and as far as maps go...i also like the city maps.....but im cool with anything.....but.....i would like to see city maps infantry every once and a while....i also think this would be a good idea for the new ppl who are just starting the game.....get the basics down without dieing just about every 10 seconds....also a good way to learn how to realy play as a squad.......Karkand...very good map for infantry....either whole map ....or just having gatehouse over the river.....

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:46 am

I'm not sure what c4 roof jumping is but I play special ops a lot and sneaking onto the enemy base and taking out the uav trailer or arty is the fun part of the game 4 me. A smart commander will station an engineer there or drop supplies to fix it but that small break in coverage might be all your squad needs to turn the game around and I have had it happen that way a few times.
I've played karkand infantry only many times and have to say it's probably the most fun I've had. The thing about Karkand is the chinese side , if they are a halfway decent squad ,can pretty much win every time. If everyone spawns to the forward flag you can fight a holding action and pretty much pin every one down on the american side. Yo're already at an advantage so just hold and run the time out. I have seen inept squads loose because they couldn't figure it out even after it had just been done to them. But it's a the best map for city fighting bar none. Kind of like a good ole death match. I think a spawn camper designed Karkand ,cammie, because to me those hills just beg for a sniper or 2 lol. Thats what most chinese teams do , place a couple of snipers to pin them in , or the american side places them to clear the streets. That really doesn't bother me because I have seen teams break through , and to be honest , I,ve done it my self although I ususally wait til they make their push to shoot. A definite must have map though.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:25 am

Jets don't sit in one spot and not move. Jets have bombs. Bombs are meant to be dropped, on the OPPOSING team. No matter where they are. If your going to ban pilots for dropping bombs on people, ummmm....ok so, EVERY pilot that drops bombs on players taking a flag, will get banned. I think you might want to get rid of ALL aircraft before you start doing that or the server will just die out. Think about it man, yer gonna ban players, for dropping bombs on players that are taking flags. Isn't the whole idea of the game to take flag's and kill the people trying to take yours? Want to make fast points? Flag Defense, 3 points. You know how many times I've sat and covered a flag on my team so that all the other players would always have a spawn point? Sure I've been killed, by bombs, choppers, arty, and plain ole better players. Shit happens, I deal with it.

Like I said in another post, the commander can do the same thing with arty, and be more effective, so why not ban them too?

What your really talking about is base raping and no that's not cool. But how do you distinguish between some asshole pilot base raping, or a good pilot following his commanders orders? You just can't ban players on a whim like that.

How do you know the pilot doesn't know EXACTLY where you are? The commander knows, and if he knows, every other player on his team will know EXACTLY what tree or rock your hiding behind and if a pilot is good enough to drop a bomb on your head under those circumstances, he's the wrong guy to ban, hes the guy to RECRUIT.

The goal of BF2 is to kill the other team and take their flag's. In my mind, that could and should, be done anyway possible. If some prick is obviously base raping without a clue of someone being there or not they should be kicked and warned, not banned. Three strike rule will come into effect.

And on that note, once the rules are agreed upon, we'll need to have a page on the site where their posted and the link can scroll in game the same as in UT.

Lot's of things and ideas to sort out and we have lots of time to do that, but stop thinking instant ban and start thinking, kick and warn. In the long run, we'll all be better off. That wont chase away the people that just made a mistake and it will help them feel welcome, and if they follow our rules, then they'll feel like part of the team. The next thing you know, you have a new member. This is the way we need to approach it. We all like that warm fuzzy feeling don't we? LMAO
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

cammie
veteran
veteran

Postby cammie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 am

I'm not sure what c4 roof jumping is but I play special ops a lot and sneaking onto the enemy base and taking out the uav trailer or arty is the fun part of the game 4 me. A smart commander will station an engineer there or drop supplies to fix it but that small break in coverage might be all your squad needs to turn the game around and I have had it happen that way a few times.
I've played karkand infantry only many times and have to say it's probably the most fun I've had. The thing about Karkand is the chinese side , if they are a halfway decent squad ,can pretty much win every time. If everyone spawns to the forward flag you can fight a holding action and pretty much pin every one down on the american side. Yo're already at an advantage so just hold and run the time out. I have seen inept squads loose because they couldn't figure it out even after it had just been done to them. But it's a the best map for city fighting bar none. Kind of like a good ole death match. I think a spawn camper designed Karkand ,cammie, because to me those hills just beg for a sniper or 2 lol. Thats what most chinese teams do , place a couple of snipers to pin them in , or the american side places them to clear the streets. That really doesn't bother me because I have seen teams break through , and to be honest , I,ve done it my self although I ususally wait til they make their push to shoot. A definite must have map though.

C4 roof jumping....when FF is off......you c4 yourself or another teamate c4's you on top of a roof that you would normaly never beable to get on top of......and for the spawn camping on the hills....if its an infantry server...nobody spawns at US base....so u spawn on the hills....usualy in infantry servers....there is always this imaginary line on the hills that one respects.....yes a sniper....can pick u off.....im talking ....when u have squads....in the spawn areas on the hills...nadeing you...or he is camping just waiting for u to spawn....but this is in infantry mind you.....vehicules.....its fair game...you have base to spawn at....i mean...whats the use if your playing MEC team and you dont even allow US to spawn to even attempt to come down the hill....its a boring game when it comes to that...for both teams....MEC and US....and i absolutly agree with you when it comes to...karkand being a great server for infantry....ive got crazy amout of hrs just on that map.....its a fun map

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:46 am

How do you know the pilot doesn't know EXACTLY where you are? The commander knows, and if he knows, every other player on his team will know EXACTLY what tree or rock your hiding behind and if a pilot is good enough to drop a bomb on your head under those circumstances, he's the wrong guy to ban
no what im saying is, let say im on the US team, and we have 4 or 5 spawn points, but the other team has a dickhead for a pilot and all he does is make passes and drop bombs on our flags where we spawn at, boom your dead, you respawn and the bastard drops more bombs. that no different then parking a tank in the oppisite teams flag and wasting them as they spawn. and if i spawn and get bombed and then come back to life and he bombs me again, this is what Im saying....the time you respawn and die and then respawn, does not give the commmander time to even run a scan to see where you are to let the pilot know. cause we are talking seconds.The pilot is just dropping random bombs on random bases hopeing he gets some spawners, thats not right.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:49 am

Three strike rule.

I get what your saying Bob and I know it happens, but I'm for warning then banning, I always have been. Even warned pingfreak LMAO. Now THAT was funny, but only if you were there LMMFAO.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sat May 03, 2008 5:58 pm

What do you wanna do with our server?

Well to start, not eveyone paid as we were originally gonna do.

And we never have enough players to start a game, reason being, our server switches maps, lets say you play karkand for 3 days and get players that come in there, they allways come back, or if its dragon valley you allways get players in there and they come back, so lets say the maps on dragon valley and these people come to the server every night, well if they play a game and then it switches to another map, 9 outta 10 times they all leave. So we will never have a stable server like xXx 24/7 Dragon Valley or a karkand 24/7 server, cause these people usally dont come back, because of the map changes.

My self i hate maps like karkand, i am a Dragon valley only player, i like the room to move around, fly, without getting knifed or gernaded to fricking death all night.but thats just me, you all might like something different, but if you look at these servers out there, they all run the same map, and the crowd is packed every night on thier servers.

And on another note, i hate it when you have 6 players to play a game and someone just leaves and the game stops without staying ingame so the rest can play or without warning.Ill go somewhere else and play.

Give me your thoughts................we need to be a steady and stable server.

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:00 pm

For my part I like to change maps once in awhile. I'm more Karkand than Dragon Valley. I don't want to pay for a server that only play the Dragon Valley map. And I think that it's the same for you for Karkand. Like I said before , I have all the flavors of BF2. So when I feel to play Special forces or a map like Road rage , I just go somewhere where the map plays. And X can you post on the Clan member section who paid ? Just to know who we are.

Maps 64 are too large for 6 to 10 players.
We should stick to 32.

One another thing. This is a game of teamplay. We never practiced together. We never locked the server to practice as a team. I would like to see some teamwork together as a clan. What do you think ?

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sat May 03, 2008 9:35 pm

32 man dragon valley sucks, and you cant lock the server cause its ranked, wont let you, has to be public

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sun May 04, 2008 12:26 am

Guys I'm really sorry I've not paid yet. I've been in and out of the Hospital, and have a ton of unforeseen medical bills piled up on me now. Plus I've been off work since April 4th with only the wifes job to support us. Our Internet is part of the cable bill, if we have to we may be dropping both soon. I go back to the Dr. on May 20th. I'm hopeing he will take me off oxygen so I can get back to work.

That being said my opinion may not count much.

Personally I don't like Dragon Vally on any server. That map takes to long to play for to few points. You can get on a server playing Warlord spend 15-20 mins. and get 75-90+ points. That never happens in D.V. so in my opinion it's not worth my time to play it. Here are 24 of the top 25 maps, DV is #4 so obviously it is a popular map. But most servers it runs on is full of Jet whores all day.

I also feel the same way as JP sort of, but I feel most of our clan will not play as a team, or take an order from a commander to win a round. Plus most do not join a squad. I know some will join a squad and or take an order, and they are on Ventrilo when they do most of the time. Then most will not spawn in with a needed KIT to blow stuff up or fix stuff when needed. I know of 2 other that will on a regular bases but thats about it.

axeman1
Elite
Elite

Postby axeman1 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 am

put me down for 50

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ill send ya to your mother in a cardboard box

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sun May 04, 2008 9:03 am

Personally I don't like Dragon Vally on any server. That map takes to long to play for to few points.
Well i have over 41,000 points and those are about 95% dragon valley points, as of being tight or strapped for cash mr wright, I understand your situation completely, Np, warlord I have never heard of so must be a expansion pack of some kind. And as of our server, it still needs to be on one map, dont care what one cause if you all want Karkand we can do that, but I wont play on it, For one i hate the map, You cant see shit in it, and you get naded all night long or knifed, ..........NOT FUN

and as a server switching maps, you loose people cause they dont like it. And as playing as a team, its hard to when half your clan is on the other team, or just drops outta the game and dont even show up to play that often. look at the stats of when people played last.......days, days , days. so how do you practice when no ones there?

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Sun May 04, 2008 9:06 am

As far as the squad .......I agree, I almost always either join a squad or make a squad, and I will try to do what is commanded, sometimes you can't get there fast enough, the only time I will refuse is if I am too far and I am going to blow up things. I will change to whatever I need to play at the time, I am always switiching.
My favorite map is DV, the other maps, I get frustrated just running everywhere looking for a tank or a jeep etc.
I agree about the jet thing, but maybe the new BF 3 we will be able to take them out. Also, playing BF as a clan, is still fairly new to us...........I think we need to give it time and lock the server to play together, like in the other posts above.

Mr. Wright, I hope things go better for you, and you can to back to work soon. :D

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:03 am

What I said about 32 map is that Dragon Valley 64 for 6 to 10 people sucks for me . It's a BIG map for ten people and less . You like DV. It's ok for me . But we need to have the 32 Dv also on the server to have the opportunity to play it . And if it attracks a lot of people we change to 64.
And a map like that , with unbalance team (Pro vs NOOB) the map is very long in time and frustrating.
At one time I said to CB that I was beginning to hate this map .
Again I'm not for a 24h/7 DRAGON VALLEY server.
Last edited by JP2 on Sun May 04, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”