What's the deal with BF2 stats

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's the deal with BF2 stats

Postby Cruce » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:10 am

Does BF2 stats just decide when it is going to follow through with what it says in game whenever the hell it feels like it? I have seen several times in game that I have been recommended for an award or have received an award and they don't show up in my stats. At first I thought that the reason that my purple heart count was not up to at least 5 by now was because it would always say you have been "recommended" for a purple heart. Well, early last night it said I was "recommended" for a purple heart, then later I was awarded an air defense badge then I was "awarded" a purple heart. My air defense badge shows up in my stats, but my purple heart count is still at one. The one I got back in February. The purple heart is just an example. There have been other awards that I have been awarded that have not been added to my stats. And it is not because my stats have not been updated yet. Yes, there have been some nights where stats for that night have been losted forever, but some nights, like last night, some of my awards show up in my stats and some do not. I hate it when a game seems to randomly choose when and when not to follow its own rules for giving out awards. It is like the game server intermittently gets disconnected from the bf2 stats server during the game and does not record everything. Okay, I will now step down from my soap box. I just needed to let out some steam.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

I think everyone has the same problem with the Purple Heart. I've also had the same problems with the rest of the stuff you said.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am

What is everyone's secret to getting all of those ribbons and badges. According to my stats I qualify for most of those ribbons and badges, but I am not getting them. I heard that it is really not what you get over time , but something you have to get in one round. For example: Helicopter Service ribbon you need 30 minutes in Heli. I have over an hour. Airborne ribbon you need 30 secs in parachute. I have 48 secs. Do I need to spend the whole game jumping out of jets, helis and off of tall buildings? If you view my stats at http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page ... show=all-e, it shows that I meet global requirements for 20 badges. I only have one of them. I have several other badges, but they are not highlighted in blue as to meet global requirements. Ribbons, I meet global requirements for 11 of those, yet I have none. I have two ribbons that don't meet global requirements. Bottom line, what is the purpose of this global requirements crap if once you meet it, you don't get it? I feel like I am putting in a lot of hard hours to just not get anything to show for it. Makes me just want to jump back over to unreal so I can do some hard core, fast pace, shoot at anything that moves and get instant gratification. LOL
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 pm

I read on a website that IAR which they said is In A Round, but that dont work for me, it has to be In A ROW, as parachute for 30 seconds in a row, not combinded time, take a jet fly it across the middle of the map, go straight up for a bit and bail, it will take more than 30 seconds to hit the ground....LOL

Same with 5 heals, you get 4 heals and die, your count starts all over, untill you get 5 in a row without dieing, least thats when ive allway got my awards

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:05 pm

It depends on what your going for. The parashoot is in a row. but most of the rest are in a round. Take the Badge for the Jets, For the most part you will not be able to stay in a Jet for 15 mins. So you need to keep getting back in them for a total of 15 mins. for the round. Same goes for TOW and Air defence. To get the Air Defence you need to be in the LineBacker and that alone. Nothing else counts. Then some have a number of kills associted with them as well.

I'm not home rigt now but when I get there I'll post a link that explanes them very well.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:25 pm

mr Wright explain this one...............once you get over 20,00 points you earn a new rank, and the next rank isnt till 50,000 points, so I have 38,000 points and all the badges but it still didnt rank me up cause i had the points first then the bagdes when getting the 20,000 points, now look at Madmfks stats and he has 40,000 points and is missing like 3 badges and he jumped the next rank above me, yet it says you must have all the badges....im stumped !!!! WTF .so how did he get the higher rank ????

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Well he is just a First Sergeant and only missing 2 badges. They are The Aviator Badge, and The First Aid Badge. The Aviator Badge isn't required till you want to become Sergeant Major, or Sergeant Major of the Corps. The First Aid Badge isn't required and doesn't effect your rank.

I'm going to guess your next rank will be Sergeant Major and will not be able to become Sergeant Major of the Corps because you didn't have your badges before Master Sergeant. I'll put this theory to the test when I get there, I think I will be a Sergeant Major of the Corps because I have all my badges now, and by then I should have a few more Ribbons.

So in short you need the Badges BEFORE you get to the rank.

Here is the link I'm getting this from. http://bf2.nizalb.de/bf2ic/ranks_en.html

And here is the one that tells you what it takes to get the Badge.

http://ubar.bf2s.com/badges.php

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:26 pm

I had to spend 15 minutes in jet all at once to get mine..........do what I did cruce, go in our server, tell everyone (there was only MPC in there for me) that you have to be in a jet for 15 minutes so don't shoot me and I won't drop bombs, tell them you are going for your badge. Everyone was great about it.
If you want other badges like the knife or something just let me know..........I will go into the srever and let you stab me 7 times in a row :D . Everyone is helpful that way. )()(

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 pm

So the way i see it, i have all the badges, so when i get 50,000 points i should get Sergeant Major or Sergeant Major of the Corps, cause thier reqierments are previous Master Sergeant which i am now plus the badges and 50,000 points.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Well, I jumped into a server, took off in a jet and jumped out at just over 900 feet and got a ribbon before I was halfway to the ground. I stayed in game for about 5 minutes, just to make sure it got recorded. I now have my airborne ribbon WOOHOO!
-Cruce

FrankJScott
developer
developer

Cool Product Blog

Postby FrankJScott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Please try Google before asking about Awesome Product Website a671ea4

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”