UT4 - skinning an existing .upp

Post all stuff on skins
Centurion
Elite
Elite

UT4 - skinning an existing .upp

Postby Centurion » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:52 am

ok - been home sick so what else to do but learn upaint/ unrealed, maya7 and corel paintshop pro.

So I started with the Upaint characters that load with upaint and just wanted to paint up and export to the game, well it looks like there are some other issues, I find my crappy work in the texture folder, and a UPL file in the system folder, Then I went back to paintshop and did it over - a little better job just to see how its done. then pushed the pieces back into upaint, and used upaint to export to unreal.
In setting up the character in the UT4"settings" part - I can only see the portrait and not the 3d view. Now I can use unrealed to open the .utx file and see the 3 peices of the file - Its just that it does not show up in the character list as anything other than blank.

I have reopened the .upl file and ensured that the head and body are picking up the right pieces.

I have been through the tuts on the chararter building and think I have covered everything but?

thanks - C :)

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:04 pm

OK - went back and found a "cough" to get May5 running - found that the help file actually works - and found the help file to configure Maya5 with the Unreal exporter over to unrealed.

Since that worked so well - went back to Maya7 and did the same thing, They both happily run now since one is in an ALias folder and the other is in a WaveFront folder.

And since they got bought out by AUTODESK - and refunded all the Silver memberships as of August06. looks like it will be an expensive go around next time to get this kind of software.

anyway - still confused but working away - C

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:29 pm

check your PM box

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:41 pm

DUH! - just ignore this for a couple days, I know I missed something in the TUTS. I just ran over the same tut about 3 times and got things moving. Thank you MrWright

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Fixed - got my first funny skins done - thanks for spiritual guidance - c:

Return to “UT2004 SKINS”