All Turned around

Post anything non-server related here.
yodaddy
Elite
Elite

All Turned around

Postby yodaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:54 pm

So I got me a new logitech usb headset. The weird thing is my sound isn't right, Things sound different from what they were. A tank may sound like it is right on top of me but it maybe behind instead of front ,vice versa , or several hundred yards away. I can't always hear spec ops sneaking up with c4 and I've taken way to many knives to the ribs because the sound is misleading. Anybody ever had this problem?

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey Yodaddy,
Is that a Logitech 350? Are you running XP or Vista? And what sound card do you have? The headsets have their own sound chip inside them and don't rely on your sound card, but their could be issues. Especially if you have a Creative Xtreme sound card. Also, make sure you change Window's sound properties to use the headset as the default. One complaint I have read with usb headsets, is the lack of treble and bass controls, and spatial issues.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Spatial issues!!!!! thats the words I was looking for! Thats the problem. I'm running on board audio at the moment with xp 32 bit. Yes , this is the logitech 350 , it sounds good but in game I get disoriented and confused,kind of like waking up in a strange place after a long night of drinking. For now I have switched back to my old set.

Vent did NOT like it either.

Return to “General Talk”