Cruce-MPC-Party

Map topics here
MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:38 pm

I was able to knock it down to 60.1 Meg. Just by compressing the RGB textures to DXT1. There was not that many that needed changing, but it helps.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:17 pm

There is a test map available at http://www.pagehosting4u.com/mpc/DM-Cru ... -Alpha.rar
**WARNING**
The kitchen is not finish, the lighting is still poor is some areas, there are little to no goodies (emitters, sound,hiding places, etc.) and no bot paths.
Give it a try and let me know if there are any problems with loading up, hall-effect-mirrors, fps, etc. I do know you can look out through the bottom of the sofa. Not sure how to fix this without creating a new sofa. I did put in a blocking volume to keep people from jumping up inside the couch and looking around.
Have fun.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:02 pm

looking cool so far, GONNA BE BIG MAP THOUGH, as of the textures, I would leave them in MYLEVEL, cause alot of people hate all the extra files that goes witt a map, myself If I run across a map for the server and it has a ton of shit you have to add to get the map to work, IT goes in the trash can... lol, keep it up...looking great!!!!

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:52 pm

What makes this map great is that it is so true to life, me in the basement with three girls. :!: Reminds me of college and being in the frat house basement. How I love to recall the night of the triple hook. :twisted:

However, in this scene, Im sure I would be offering MPC Glad a hand in working her cue. She is sure to miss-hit the four ball and come nowhere close to sinking the one.

Plus, I should have some booze in hand. Preferably a Mint Julep, but a Bud will make do. :oops:
"They couldnt hit an elephant at this distance"
- Union Gen. John Sedgwick - just moments before being shot dead by a confederate sniper at Spotsylvania

WeAre138
veteran
veteran

Postby WeAre138 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:17 pm

This map is awesome man. Loaded it up with about 12 bots. Lags a little bit, not much + the sofa problem like you said, tend to get lost inside of them other than that very kool map (*)

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 pm

There is an update. Find link in first post.

It does not have sound, teleporters or bot paths. I am more concerned with frame rate and glitches. I will probably be getting rid of the mirror. Staticmeshes from all areas of the map keep showing up in it. The sofas have been fixed. I currently have 4 cameras setup. You can not see yourself in the cameras, but others should be able to see you. A UT thing. Go figure. I am thinking about either having the TV's on a timer and cycle through the cameras or have it to where you can shoot at a TV to change which camera it is looking at. The latter sounds cool, but I think the first is more practical. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for testing it out.
-Cruce
-Cruce

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 pm

Two comments.

1) I still need a beer.
2) Blink's puke needs chunks. You know he just ate a pizza.

Seriously though, it looks great. I see myself shooting at many a false player in the air ducts.
- Union Gen. John Sedgwick - just moments before being shot dead by a confederate sniper at Spotsylvania

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:08 am

Pizza and one Mint Julep served. Also fixed some missing texture issues.
-Cruce

No, there will not be updates along the way to the finish. Hopefully will be ready to try on the server in a couple of days, X. Maybe sooner.
-Cruce

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:53 pm

still looks cool as heck there Cruce - bring it on!
thanks for all that work!

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:35 pm

I noticed two things on the most recent release.

1. The camera views don't show players. Explosions and such are seen, but no players. In the heat of battle, I'm unsure how useful this will be. But, its still pretty cool.

2. What happend to my "Stars & Bars"? Its heritage, not hate.

Great choice for the Mint Julep. Below are previous year's collector bottles. Empty, of course.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi SA,
The camera is a UT issue. You cannot see yourself in the camera. sorry. I setup my pc and laptop on my LAN while playing. From the pc I could see the other player but not myself and vice-versa. Maybe I am a vampire looking into a mirror. LOL :D
As for the stars and bars, they are there. I knew you would probably mention it when I noticed that the area was too dark to see them, so I brighten the area up a bit in the final release.
-Cruce

Edit: Forgot to tell you where the flag is. It is on the hat. Which I might add could be a nice hiding spot, as well as on Pyro's Bitch's breast. LOL
-Cruce

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:58 pm

I like the new version. The addition of movement to the false players is something I've never seen before.

What are the key combos used for some of the advanced taunts that are seen when shooting the false players?

I only know J, K, L, & ;.

PS - Thanks for adding light to my hat.

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:16 pm

A list on taunt movements can be found by pressing V then 7 while in game. These will change per model. If you want to see the coolest go find George & George Jr. it will dance forever.

Here is the DL link.

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?secti ... fos&id=387

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 pm

I've been playing this game nor for how many years?...and did not know that!

Geeesh!

Thanks.

BTW- on my game it is V then 6.

Return to “UT2004 MAPS”