DM-Cruce-DropZoneBETA

Map topics here
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

DM-Cruce-DropZoneBETA

Postby Cruce » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:31 pm

It may already be on the server. It is more of a sniper map. It has lots of high ground as well as traps below. There is a lot more that could be done with it, but I wanted to try to keep players above ground. Let me know your thoughts.
Cruce

-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Botkiller
Elite
Elite

Postby Botkiller » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:28 pm

Played it the other nite. Loved it. Keep up the good work.

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 pm

When I first played it, I did not realize the ground was playable and neither did the other players for about the first 5 minutes. Moving from one hover plane to the other made for interesting play. Perhaps some insentive to keep players up around the planes.

Once on the ground, the planes are a bad place to be.

The best location I found was on the hill behind one of the pyramids, such that you face the rear of the planes. Every time someone spawned in a plane they went to the back gate opening. From my vantage point, it was easy pickings.
"They couldnt hit an elephant at this distance"
- Union Gen. John Sedgwick - just moments before being shot dead by a confederate sniper at Spotsylvania

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:11 pm

thanks for the heads up SA. That is good news. I didn't want people feeling to comfortable up in their plane doing spawn killings. This will force people to trans out quickly.
-Cruce
-Cruce

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:38 pm

This should be the final release. DM-Cruce-DropZone.rar
But before I have X put it on the server, could someone verify that the water texture is not showing up in the tunnels. The water texture is masked so it should only be visible where there is water. Something happend to the BETA version and you could see the water texture extend into the tunnels.
Thanks,
-Cruce
-Cruce

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 am

Love the map! - FF and I were there a couple nights ago - and we really enjoyed the 2 tier play - and once I found the tunnels - I found it hard to remember the outline of the tunnels to get around? Just my navigation errors.

C -

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Just to let you know Cruce... apparently theres an error on Drop Zone.. not sure if you are aware of it. I havent looked at it myself yet nor could I tell you which version or even where in the map it is.. Just saw this screenshot and the discussion on EuroZarkExtreme.com

Anything a blocking volume could cure? Ive offered to take a look at it in the event that you are too busy... but obviously Id prefer to get permission first.. or rather give you the chance as Im already up to the eyeballs LoL.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:09 pm

AsToRoTh,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I put a post over on their forum. It never fails to have the terrain editor create a BSP hole for you. LOL. There are two huge ones in my CruceIsland map. Spent many hours trying to get rid of them. I took care of it by putting a kill volume under the map. :???:
-Cruce
-Cruce

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:30 am

Great map! When I first played it I wasn't sure. But when a bunch of people logged on it got really fun. The best part is it's actually 2 maps. When there's enough people in everyone either decides to plane hop or go to the ground.It's pretty cool seeing all the bodies falling off headed to the ground ,then they respawn and the bodies just dissapear ! Very cool to play! 8O

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:32 pm

Lmfao should fix the Glitch campers then ;) Np m8... like I posted over there Im a fellow mapper and would hate to see one of my maps dropped from a server cos of some easy to fix glitch.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:07 pm

Here is an update, http://www.pagehosting4u.com/mpc/DM-Cruce-DropZone2.zip. I added Bot pathing, so it should make it a little more interesting for those low number of players. It is still recommended to have a large number of people. I also made it easier to get into the secret room. I can't seem to get the Bots to jump into the vehicles, but I am not going to worry about it.
-Cruce
-Cruce

Return to “UT2004 MAPS”