Large bodies of water

Any questions for unreal editor here
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Large bodies of water

Postby Cruce » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Hello Mappers,
I am working on my first map outside of the one I created using the wonderful VTM that came with UT2004 Editor's Choice Edition. This map is going to be an island in the middle of the ocean with rivers going through it. Yes, it does sound a little ambitious for a first map, but I am up for the challenge. I have my terrain the way I want it, now I just need to add the water. If I follow the VTM, which added a small area of water (100x100), it is too small. It appears that the fluidinfo size can't be larger than 255x255. I am thinking that I need to do a sheet brush or a special brush on top of a water volume. I have been trying to follow this tutorial for adding water, http://tack.planetdeusex.gamespy.com/HowToAddWater.html, but it appears to be for an older version of UnrealED. I think I remember playing on an map that was inside a pyamid with tunnels full of water. I may go and check to see how that one was done. In the meantime, can anyone give me some directions or point me towards a better tutorial?
Thanks in advance.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:59 pm

just duplicate the water , and move it to another spot, and so on

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:28 pm

Cool. I should have known that. :P
Thanks, XFILES
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”