Finally.... A Map.... Maybe?

Any questions for unreal editor here
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Finally.... A Map.... Maybe?

Postby Cruce » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Yes it is me again. Thanks for hanging in there with me and all those that helped. I am still not 100% pleased with it, but I think it is as close as I am going to be able to get it. I am not happy with the line created where the ocean meets with the edge of the map. I have placed a fog ring around the map with a blocking volume to hide the line and keep people out of there. However, the transparent part of the staticmesh (fog ring) goes through the surface of the water and the water disappears on the backside. You can see the ocean bottom and the water effects from the skybox. It is really only noticeable if you swim out to the edge. Let me know if the sound effect placements are alright, plus volume. This can be played with bots. I am sure there are a few spots where they can get stuck, and they can't go everywhere you can. So have fun with it and let me know what you think.

SnapShot
DM-cruceIsland_BETA
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:17 pm

Very cool map, lots of sniping spots,and I love the MPC dude in the map...hehehehe, let me know when you want me to put it on the server and we will all give it a test run.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:51 pm

AWESOME map for your first map..............now you have to teach me how you got that mpc statue in the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........LOL

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:17 am

Thanks X. If you think it is good enough, go ahead and place it on the server. I can't take all the credit for the map. I have had a lot of help learning from and taking different parts from your maps and others, and making modifications to get the look I wanted. As for the MPC character, I followed this tutorial. I just wished I knew how to pose the statue. What would have been really cool, is if the statue would change to represent the person in the lead, and maybe display their name on a plaque below the statue.
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:32 pm

Map is now on the Sniper Server...........Enjoy!!!!!!

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:37 am

Well I just found a MAJOR problem with the map, is you uncheck Foliage in your settings, all the trees are gone and you can pick people off all day long.....................LOL

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:46 pm

Hey X,
Thanks for pointing out the foliage problem. I have redone the whole terrain. I started with removing the terrain info/layers/deco layers and was able to recreate it with a much lower poly count. In doing so, I have increased the fps and have almost reduced the file size by 50%. I still need to place all the trees. In order to get the trees to stay visible, I have to create a new staticmesh with a bunch of trees and place them through out the map. I can't believe that UT2004 removes all deco layers when you uncheck the foliage setting. What a bummer. Hopefull it will be ready this evening.
-Cruce

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Its usally a tree that was used and came out in ut2003, and when used in ut2004 the mesh you can run thru it, and uncheck folaige and thier gone, use a ut2004 tree that you cant run thru and when you uncheck foliage they will or should still be there.

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”