UT3 Editor

Any questions for unreal editor here
THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

UT3 Editor

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:07 am

Well I thought I would take a look at the new Editor for the first time Today, Well UT3 fans, THEXFILES wont be doing any maps for UT3, I wanted to create a mini-me map, just like most of the MPC maps, so once I got my layout where I wanted, I spent 15 frickin minutes trying to find a texture browser and another 10 minutes trying how to scale things............my next move was CLICK the X button and close out the program, I dont have time to learn all Epics clustered fuckin mess, they couldnt make it more simple like ut2004, take adobe photshop 5, once ya learn it, its easy, then 6 came out, then 7, then CS, then CS2, and now CS3, and if ya look at photoshop 5 compared to CS3, there isnt that much of a change except some new tools and such, but to me Epic has twisted this Editor all to F**k .So if any maps are to be cool, CRUCE will do them....hehehehehe,I seriously dont have the time to set down like a frickin tard and re learn all Epics new clustered F**king mess.

More time playing and less time building :twisted:

P.S. Cruce and myself were in our server last night, as well as myself trying out all the Stocks maps on my own, and in my opinion there isnt a Map that Epics Creators made to write home to momma about, they are way to small, and to dingy in the lighting, like cruce said he felt claustrophobic when we got done playing last night....................LOL
So i hope someone can turn this game around with some cool maps(BIGGER) and some mutators or this game isnt heading no where soon.

Anyone know where the BF2 editor is..................LOL :D

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:35 am

Buddy of mine said you have to go through 6 acts of God and 4 acts of congress to get a tex on there. They scrambled everything up like eggs in a frying pan. Don't know how they came up witjh the idea that it was "better". I think for the las 3 and a half years they have been smoking some really good shit over there at epic. Stingy bastages never offered to share either. Probably would have helped lesson the shock of the release. Which proves my thrown under the bus theory.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:45 pm

I am almost done watching all 20 something hours of video from the Editor's Choice Edition, and have finished the tutorial map. I have not completely figured out the whole texture thing yet, but I am hoping that it will get easier with practice. On the bright side, I have heard that you can do some pretty cool stuff with the Material Editor. Like creating new textures off of existing textures without having to export, modify in Photoshop, and re-import. The video example shows taking a texture of rocks and making it look like lava flowing around them. I do have to say I really like Kismet as a graphical way of coding. I might hold off on my current map idea and create a couple fast arena style maps. Nothing fancy.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”