Option 2
50%

Total votes: 6

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Input/Opinions Needed

Postby JJJ13 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 am

I have created these 2, believe it or not its suppose to be in same position as the actual bowler in picture...It was also suppose to be similiar in body structure, LOL
It would be great if you all could give me some feedback on which looks closer to the picture and all and all which one you think looks more realistic yet obviously created by cpu...Thanks!

Actual Picture
Option 1
Option 2

I would've put em side to side on same page....but who has time for that.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am

go with number 1 jj, looks alot more realistic to me

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:49 am

Number 2 looks closer to the pic for me. More body lean, looks like more effort going into the ball.

I'm not sure what your making this for, or in, but it looks like number 2 will have less polys and if its for a game, that can only help your frame rate.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm

I picked #2 and here's why. Image

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I also like Option #2. I am of course thinking of gaming. You can always make it look more realistic with good texturing or even adding a few more polys to smooth out the head and joint areas, if it is going to be animated. Option #2 also already has its polys triangulated. A lot of applications require the polys to be triangulated. Triangulating the first option is just going to increase the poly count. Option #2 could use some work in the hip/waist area. If this is not going to be animated and just a model, then crank up those polys. Hope this helps.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks all for the input...I was contacted by a graphic designer to replicate the bowler dude in 3d, in a way that was obviously a computer generated graphic...I had very little time to do this(a lunch break and a night after work). During the lunch break I had made the wire mesh one and got a little carried away with the shaping and curves of the body, so much so that I couldn't easily modify it per the request of the graphic designer in the time he needed it. I thought about redoing the guy in the wire mesh but was getting too tired so I decided to make the guy in polyies...I was pretty nervous cause it was so different from the 1st option that I needed ur all's advice and encouragement. I really had no idea also how and if it would be modified later. Long story short, they went with the poly option and ended up doing nothing as far as further modifications...I wish I could take it back and smooth it out, but ah well...

It will be a cover of a bowling publication and I will post the final product that I was given when I am legally allowed. Thanks for the input...theres a ton of changes I would like to make but it's TOO LATE.

I would vote for option 1, if it were supposed to be a female that would've been the winner for sure, with a more accurate placing of the view and a little tweaking of the body's position to match option 2.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Congrats )()(

Make sure you scan the picture and post it when you are allowed to. z,l.

Return to “General Talk (UT2004)”