COD MW2

Post anything non-server related here.
PyroJack
Elite
Elite

COD MW2

Postby PyroJack » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:04 pm

just got back from the store, and finished a first game of 5 hours running on the new "COD Modern Warfare 2"

... I T R O C K S !

Even on a stand alone mission at level "normal" it comes from all directions, orders shooting, enemy screaming a jebrish, shots, bombs , chopper flying by. a non stop action better than any movie I saw.

Worth every penny and even the several massages needed after all this stress at the computer, hehe.

Can't wait to try this online.

later all

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:01 pm

I heard it is awesome for single player but you do know that the pc version is going to suck balls dont you? There will be no dedicated servers. NONE. The game decides who is serving and whenever someone drops in or out the game will freeze. Also , no mods or nothing either. I don't have a ps3 or xbox but I'm pissed at infinity ward for basically doing a quick port to pc so that "the game would be the same across all platforms" as they said. I guess I'll have to wait on bad company 2 in the spring. If I wonder across a ps3 cheap for christmas I might buy it but single player usually doesn't hold my attention. Add that to the fact that my tv is croaking and I have been eyeballing several lcds that I personally think would look awesome in my living room. Glad you like it though. Let us know how the multiplayer works out. I still might buy it.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm

I going to wait for x-mas told the wife to get the pc ver for me since like you yo no
x-box or ps 3 just WII. I heard the reflex ver for the WII was good might have to rent and check it out

JP2
Elite
Elite

Postby JP2 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Is it the PC version you bought ?

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

Postby PyroJack » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:27 pm

yes it's the pc version, 2 dvd

and the STEAM thingy to find friends and all works fine now.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Come on pyro, if this game is what you say it is, We wanna see some cool screen shots of the ingame action, then maybe ill buy it....LOL

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 pm

everyone too lazy to post screenies?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come on dudes

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

axeman1
Elite
Elite

Postby axeman1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:55 pm

the off line rocks

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ill send ya to your mother in a cardboard box

axeman1
Elite
Elite

Postby axeman1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:57 pm

i bought the dvd its a awsome game
ill send ya to your mother in a cardboard box

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:20 pm

since no one else will......I will......LOL

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 pm

I am a big fan, yeah they screwed us pc loyalists big time, but I think its something we are going to have to get used to it, being that most games are being designed with consoles in mind. I am playing this about an hour a day multiplayer....wasnt really a fan of the single player version but am enjoying the multiplayer....add me to your steam accounts....its metalfinger81

http://steamcommunity.com/id/metalfinger81
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 am

So is CODMW2 playable online with servers? And what is this Steam, you need a account there to be able to play online or what ?, someone fill me in on these questions,,,,THX

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 am

So is CODMW2 playable online with servers? And what is this Steam, you need a account there to be able to play online or what ?, someone fill me in on these questions,,,,THX
There are no servers...its setup like a console, so its setup with matchmaking. The maximum game has 18 players in it. There are no admins so there's no policing. Steam is an instant messenger deluxe that u can launch games from, similiar to Xfire....You can't play MW2 without a steam account. All of the hacking is supposed to be controlled through steam. If this game were to ever be patched to allow for modding and dedicated servers...this would have been by far the next most popular game....they chose to screw us pc players so now its just a fun game that wont last that long due to the fact that it will never have mods like FREEZE TAG
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

servers

Postby PyroJack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 pm

All JJ said is right about the Steam device and the hosting from Steam for MW2.

But I need to add that the Steam thing is good to find your buddies if they're online or actually in a game. You can message them top right in their game ( no lag on that), you can invite them to a server or join them.
From the game, you can host a private game to wich you invite your buddies once again true Steam, then they are in "your lobby" where you can chat typed or voiced.

From my point of view it's like an all in one. I don't care much for the editing, since WAR is an eternal subject and COD itself is at its 4th installment or maybe 5th.
We just don't need to start a big bunch of apps as skype, yahoo, msn, ventrilo, teamspeak, etc !

On MW2, you can find me as usual since 1995 on Duke Nuken and Team Fortress Quake as PyroJack.

later all

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Re: servers

Postby JJJ13 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am

All JJ said is right about the Steam device and the hosting from Steam for MW2.

But I need to add that the Steam thing is good to find your buddies if they're online or actually in a game. You can message them top right in their game ( no lag on that), you can invite them to a server or join them.
From the game, you can host a private game to wich you invite your buddies once again true Steam, then they are in "your lobby" where you can chat typed or voiced.

From my point of view it's like an all in one. I don't care much for the editing, since WAR is an eternal subject and COD itself is at its 4th installment or maybe 5th.
We just don't need to start a big bunch of apps as skype, yahoo, msn, ventrilo, teamspeak, etc !

On MW2, you can find me as usual since 1995 on Duke Nuken and Team Fortress Quake as PyroJack.
Add me....."metalfinger81"

later all

what your steam name? pyrojack?

Return to “General Talk”