Dumb Questions about MW2

Gotta bitch? do it here
yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Dumb Questions about MW2

Postby yodaddy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Ok , I have googled until google wants nothing more to do with me. I have several questions that I can't seem to find an answer to.First up is how do I use one of my unlocked weapons. According to a message I received , I have unlocked the scar-h.OK ....fine. Now how do I add the stupid thing to pick it when I start a game? Also , can I switch classes while I am in game after I am killed or do I have to wait for a new game? Also , how do I change perks after I have earned new ones? Kill streak awards.........Several times I have earned a uav or preditor missile kill streak award and all the while this guy is bugging me in my ear...."uav standing by" or" predator missile ready." And I of course knowing my team needs them ........can't figure out how to call up the damn things. Amazing how they still make a damn game that costs this much and can't put a damn decent set of directions with it. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) I am still working on the voice issues. Seems the only problem is with mw2. BF@ and yahoo and vent seem to be fine as far as I know. :razz: ok the dumbass figured out how to add his weapons and perks. Still in the dark about using kill streak stuff though

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 am

Q.) To use unlocked guns or any guns besides what the default classes are giving you.
A) Create Custom Classes, you are allowed 5 plus the default ones that I never use - this is where you decide which perks you think would be best with the kit you setup, you can rename this; for example I have one thats called "get some" thats my knife you and run away kit.

Q.) Can I switch classes while I am in game after I am killed or do I have to wait for a new game
A.) You can switch classes at any point during a game, it will change after each death, at the beginning of the match u can move a little bit then switch class but that is only in the first few seconds of the beginning of the round. You pick the class by hitting escape and then click choose class, your custom classes once you create them will be there.

Q.) How do I change perks after I have earned new ones?
A.) This is in the "create class" section, this is also where you select your equipment and death streak perk.

Q.) Kill streak awards.........Several times I have earned a uav or preditor missile kill streak award and all the while this guy is bugging me in my ear...."uav standing by" or" predator missile ready." And I of course knowing my team needs them ........can't figure out how to call up the damn things.
A.) This is a key controls issue, in your options within the game is where you select your air support and kill streak keys...I believe its 4 or 5 by default. I would spend a few minutes and carefully setup all your keys...melee if very important as well as using the kill streak rewards for helicopters and bombs. They are banking on the fact that most of mw2 players have played previous cod games, the options are very similar to what they have been doing for the last 3 to 4 call of duty games.

Q.) Mic Issue
A.) There is a section within the controls portion of the game where u set the mic level of global chat in-game.

LMAO...I didnt read the last part until now, cool you got the classes figured out!
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 am

I remember seeing several unbound keys in the control section. I breezed through them and must have missed it. I guess I'll just have to go back and look. I keep my knife handy on one of the mouse buttons.I've seen lots of knife action already. If I had as many sticking out as I had sticking in I would be a porcupine.As far as the sound goes , When I talk into the mic the green bar doesnt appear . It did for a little while saturday then quit. I reinstalled my sound card the other day hoping to get rid of the feed back the onboard audio causes. Been trying to make sure every thing is checked that needs to be. Oh well , I'll figure it out sooner or later.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm such an idiot never even thought about assigning my extra mouse buttons until you said that.

and also found out you can't crossplatform today too, didn't know that or i prob. wouldn't of got the game but then again it's fun as hell.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:11 am

I really like the way the knife works in this game as opposed to bf2. It's a matter of timing. So many times I've looked up to see some guy blowing by my as I lay bleeding LOL.......The weapons switching is different even though you can change it.The targeting has a different feel to it also.I'm kinda missing vehicles though. :( :( I good thing is unless you have a launcher there is no nade spamming!Thats a nice change.

mayrider
master
master

Postby mayrider » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:22 am

yea i miss the vehicles to and the hackers r really starting to p me off how can you have a airstrike right after the round starts and go when i go to kill some one and all of a suddenly i start lagging really bad and it's only when certain players are near me.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah the hacking and steam issues are certainly annoying, if this game had dedicated servers, mods and user maps....it would be amazing. The round start may be a demolition or other gametype where its split up in rounds, so someone has earned a killstreak and didnt want to use it till the start of the next round...but I have heard of air support hacks so who knows. Steam and VAC seem to be a lot slower than Punkbuster, and thats a shame.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

Return to “SHOUT BOX”