potential members

Centurion
Elite
Elite

potential members

Postby Centurion » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Who we are well Im David Centurion work- 21 years -Security Supervisor of a large complex up here in NB/ oncall 24/7. Also a juried jewelry artist. This is our about us page; Live out in a rural area, 70 acres. http://www.mboot.net/aboutus.htm There is a pic of us on the bottom of the page, But I have a better one on another machine to post later.
Got into computers back in 77 coding fortran. Got back into them just about the time the 486s were coming around. My first build was a p233, I just kept building faster machines, setting up and maintaining network. Been on the Web since 98 on dial-up, Feb this year the Telco upped the wiring in our area, and we got almost a T1 connection. I played UTGOTY offline because my ping was always running 5000 to 30,000 till Feb.
FragFaerie Cynthia- is a Full-time artist and business woman/ our web designer. All of that site, she built over a 22.3 kb/s line. The way we came up with her nick, I was joking with her about figuring out how to build a character that looked like the Xmas Past Faerie in Bill Murrays Scrooged, FragFaerie was the first thing she blurted out, and both of us were laughin our butts off.
The reason we play we find the maps to be the art of the game, and we just flat out enjoy the rush of getting into a quick firefight and coming out on top, or learning something. For Centurion, I use the games to test hardware, figure out where things are bottlenecking and sort out fixes, I am a perfectionist about how the rig runs.
As well both of us see the 3d software Uted, MS3D and Maya having applications in 3d design work that we are interested in, and what better way to learn than doing something you like to do.
We normally post only if we have something constructive to say. No sense in getting into a wizzing match with a skunk, no matter what its going to stink for awhile.
Why we are here we found a map Sniper village I think it was and found all the crests of the clans in the map of the village we thought that was a good example of camaraderie that we look for, someone that would take the time to code other clans colors into their map. We have no interest in being grouped into a bunch of AHs.
I know that while we are on the learning curve it will be us asking ? and doing searches elsewhere. But honestly we are here to have some fun in the evenings. FragFaerie normally has time to play in the morning, evenings are my time to unwind a little, sometimes we just run in and play a map or two.
C & FF - cheers

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 am

Well you both seem like very nice people, and thats what we are looking for, nice people with a nice attitude, Lets see what our senior members have to say (which I dont see any problems) and we will go from there. By the way are you any good at creating custom static meshes? in maya or any other 3d program? and FragFaerie might come in handy with some simple webpage work we might need. and centyurion your alot like me, you like building pc's building in ued and stuff, you both might just fit in well as a MPC member...........You have my vote!

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

BlinK
Elite
Elite

Postby BlinK » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:07 am

Looks lioke a perfect match , you have my vote too ..
Welcome aboard , looking forward to fragging you soon . he he !@
sEx Is DirTy , OnlY If yOu dO It rIgHt !!

Blink A.K.A DinKsTer

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:57 am

Back into this page just now - been working on getting this one rebuilt.[XP had my fanny flappin in the wind - port opem] And working on a little OC'ing. FF is bugging me to get all the 3d software back on the rig[on my lappy right now] - so she can look it over. Normally I use her as the guinea pig, make the rig crash - then I go after the issue. FF is laughing in the back - yells out "I can kill anuthing! -LOL

I have not worked on any meshes yet - downloaded some tutorials to get some basics. I did manage to wrap a micheal parks pic, diamond warrior onto a cue ball, but the application is limited, except to laugh at!

FF has played more than myself - but her comment is that all the MPC members have been straight up.

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:35 pm

(_) You both have my vote, glad to see people like yourself joining MPC, makes things fun.

Frag ya later ### =+

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:02 pm

You know CB - I now have a real excuse to build a second rig! and not one word of complaint either! FF is laughin in the back! C

SouthernAvenger
Elite
Elite

Postby SouthernAvenger » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:16 pm

I cast a yes for both.

I thought we were supposed to vote in the Senior Member Section?
"They couldnt hit an elephant at this distance"
- Union Gen. John Sedgwick - just moments before being shot dead by a confederate sniper at Spotsylvania

Centurion
Elite
Elite

Postby Centurion » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:27 pm

Thank you -SA - saw your post about the races, nice day down there - just a little cooler up here yet! 42F this week - but Friday is suppose to be near 70F

C&FF

Return to “Recruitment into MPC.”