Character Meshes

Any questions for unreal editor here
AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Character Meshes

Postby AsToRoTh » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:26 pm

I was just wondering how (or where) you get those character Smeshes in the maps. Ive tried placing an Xpawn actor in maps and switching the mesh to reflect whats in the animation browser etc and that works but its converting to a SMesh I cant seem to do. Also how do you get them in the various poses cos no matter what I try they all look like theyre being crucified. Anyways, cheers for any help you can give.

WeAre138
veteran
veteran

Postby WeAre138 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:44 am

Heres a little tutorial that explains how to do you want and also shows how to export the models further into it. Also if you want to have the model in a certian position from the animation sequence, the last button all the way to the right in the animation browser (little joystick with an A next to it) will do that for you.

Link:

http://v2.saphiria.net/notes-ukxexport.php

After changing your xPawn, as described in the tutorial, to the model mesh you want, just cycle through the animations. Then click the syncrounous animation button (little joystick with an A next to it) then save it as a static mesh.

Hope that helps ya man :D

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:13 am

omfg, you dont know how much thats been frustrating me. I was following a tutorial Id stumbled across that said to add em as mutant pawns or something... anyways for some reason Ive been told it no longer worked and the opinion is the same on BeyondUnreal forums. Lmfao, they know nothing. It worked like a dream.... also nice tip for the "posing" too. Had to re-read before I realised it had to be done after changing the actors properties.
Once again, thanks a million mate.

Edit.

Had a mess around and managed to knock up a kinda Team Shot using some new skins Im working on...

Image :D

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm

To get them in the custom poses you see in Cruses maps it's different. I know he exported the models static mesh to Lightwave 8 and broke the model up and reformed it in the positions used in his maps. He would know more about it than me though.

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Yeah Ive sorta done that with some Male Skeletons from UDN in maya... well I posed them but thats about it as Ive not really done a lot in that yet.. just started looking at mayaPLE while Im working my way through "Mastering Unreal Technology".

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”