Lightwave....

Any questions for unreal editor here
AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Lightwave....

Postby AsToRoTh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:54 pm

K so its not so much a Ued topic but it is related to it. I was just wondering if any of you guys use or know your way around lightwave. I have it here but tbh I can just about work out how to move object let alone find errors in them.... which leads me to the reason for this post. I stumbled across some awesome sites for free meshes.. unfortunately most of them are for either Max or Lightwave. Anyways I downloaded a truck load of cars (excuse the pun) from Here which are all in lightwave format.... unfortunately most of them dont come with textures (materials?) and pretty much all of them give an error when importing that need correcting in lightwave. I just wondered if someone can use it can you get a couple of models to a point where I can actually import em into Ued.... as far as textures go, any will do as I will probably end up changing the tex on it anyway.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Oh yeah, for the sci-fi nuts heres another good one.... Clicky Clicky

Again, if you get any of the starwars stuff to a point where its worth placing in a map (some of the polycounts are huge) let me know ;) Id do it myself but in all honesty as far as modeling goes I can just about get a cube or other primitive in maya LoL not got that far into the book yet.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Well the frankenstien, the reindeer and santa clause was all imported into lightwave and redone for ed, but im not the guy who did all the work, all i did was messed with the textures after he go it imported into ued in photoshop, and sorry to say i dont speak to that **** anymore.........so no help here...sorry.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:18 am

k np m8, Ill try and pester elsewhere hehe.. cheers anyway.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm

There is a package, Ultimate Unwrap 3D, that I have found handy in converting between different modeling formats.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

Return to “UT2004 UNREAL ED”