New Sniper Rifle

Anything to do with ut2004 mutators and mods
Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Sniper Rifle

Postby Cruce » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:37 pm

Hello Everyone.
As I mentioned a long while back, I was creating a new weapon. Well I thought I would try something a little easier to get my feet wet. You will find a new sniper rifle on the sniper server. I wish I could put up pics, but it wouldn't do it justice. Basically here is the break down:
I started with the current Sniper Rifle that was on there, ProSniperRifle_MOD_TDM_X2 and added some enhancements.
Holding down the right mouse button zooms in as usual, but maybe a little faster.
Releasing the right mouse button zooms back out.
At anytime while zooming in by holding the right mouse button, use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out to different zoom levels. This means that you can zoom in on the guy across the map, take him out, mouse wheel down to zoom out a little to see someone closer and take them out. All this can be done without having to keep hitting your right mouse button to get the desired zoom. Another feature that is not enabled on this setup but was asked for by EZE Clan, is a RnG feature. Basically the sniper has two firing rates, a fast rate for standing and crouching, and a slow rate for while running. Enabling the RnG mode disables the slow firing rate. I will also be adding the ability to disable the DNA Radar. I am not sure why this feature wasn't added in when X3 came out. X3 is basically X2 without the DNA Radar. I am thinking about adding a couple more features, but wanted to get everyones' feedback on the current ones. It might take awhile for you to get use to holding down the right mouse button and using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, but once you get the hang of it, I think you will either Love it or Hate it.
Enjoy.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

ut4ever
noob
noob

New Sniper Rifle

Postby ut4ever » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:35 am

Any way of using that new rifle off-line?

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:23 am

Well I thought it was freaking kick ass. I would like to use the R-N-G version. The zoom was the best I've used.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:42 am

Yes, I will be making it available soon so you can use it offline. After playing with it for a while, I think it needs one small adjustment. The ability for the admin to set the initial stopping point for the zoom. I feel that a little less tan 50% of full zoom in will work best.

I will be enabling the RnG mode later on today.
-Cruce
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:13 pm

ya , you need the 50% zoom , the full zoom is to much, besides that, very cool

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

EZEKittyX
noob
noob

Postby EZEKittyX » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 am

Hello sweethearts!
Just popped on to say " a warm and hearty hello to everyone on behalf of us rowdy bunch of reprobates that are [EZE] and to say to Cruse "fantastic work buddy on the rifle!!!"
Magic job babe!!!
x x x

AsToRoTh
veteran
veteran

Postby AsToRoTh » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Look forward to getting a look at that mate... just been putting the finishing touches to the EVO Zark rifle lately. This is more of a RnG rifle tho.... I may implement the crouching standing firerates when (if) I do a version 2.

Return to “UT2004 MUTS and MODS”