BF2 Ranked Server

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
MAD
developer
developer

BF2 Ranked Server

Postby MAD » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 pm

It sounds like we have a few members that would be interested in having a ranked server.

I've talked to cammie and she'll kick in. I'll kick in. Botkiller said in another post he would also chip in.

Ranked servers cost roughly $2 a slot and if we decide to rent one, it would be nice to be able to pay for a 6 month rental so there's no hassle about who's going to kick in how much every month. I for one have been down that road and I'm sure X thinks the same as I do about it.

A 32 slot server for 6 months will cost roughly $400. With 6 people footing the bill, it would cost them each $67.

Personally I think a 32 slot server should be the minimum size. Of you online players, how many have ever bothered going in a 20 slot server?

Most all server rentals come with a TS or Ventrilo (not that we need one) server and BF2CC for server control. I've used BF2CC and it gives all the power needed to kick, ban, change maps, set sizes, set vehicles ect...

So I guess the question is, who's up for it?
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Sounds great to me, that we we could stat pad....LOL, kidding, but with ut2004 kidda fizzleing out slowly, and UT3 not taking off at its greastest peak, I think im gonna change the header on the website, the flash headed to bf2 also, and the main ut2004 sniper logo to a bf2, what do you think of that? i find more people playing BF2 now more then before, but we will still have the servers up for ut2004, until its a dead horse just sitting there anyway. and the UT3 server, not sure that POS game will ever get off the ground tell you truth. any idea's for cool logo's send them my way. yahoo......thexfiles_ut2004

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Sounds good to me, but we just went to being free membership and if members are wiling to pay, then why not. Here are the latest top 40 games right now, http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/
BF2 is number 2 with UT2004 still at around 7. The numbers are slowly increasing for UT3, which is currently at number 30. I read somewhere that it took UT2004 a year to really start to grow. As far as anyone becoming an official EA provider to host Ranked BF2 servers, it is never going to happen. For one, they are not giving out licenses anymore for ranked servers. Plus after reading the requirements and the contract that has to be signed in order to run ranked servers, I don't want to even go there. Sorry guys, I can only host unranked servers. I have changed the settings to hopefully allow for global unlocks. Has anyone checked it out in the past couple of days.

BTW, If anyone knows of other clans needing a game server, send them my way. I'll set them up for $2 per slot. I just found out that Insomnia365 has shut down along with several public and non-public BF2 and BF2142 servers.
-Cruce

P.S. I should be back online by Wednesday. My new video card will be in and I am all done with my web hosting designs. Yahoo.
Last edited by Cruce on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

TapouT
veteran
veteran

Postby TapouT » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:00 pm

I was on your 2K4 server over the weekend and there was a crowd there from time to time.. just so you know. I was fraggin with about 4 - 7 other peeps in there and there were GGz to be had... smooth server and very kewl maps.
Thanks for hosting!
GGz.
TapouT

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm

It doesn't sound to bad to me. I know Jack and I have talked about getting a 16 to 18 man and pass wording it for a while. It sucks going onto any server and playing with the starter POP guns. Then the dickheads that run the jets all game.

We also need to work more as a team. Watching others play against us I know it can be done. I've noticed other clans travel around the map in packs. Most of the time they have the 3 essential people. Support, Engineer, and a Medic. Maybe we should do the same. I've been playing Medic, and Support a lot lately. Unless it is on some Jet infested server. This game is not as fast paced as UT. In UT you never really needed anyone to cover your back, but it helps big time in this game.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:11 pm

From what I gather, these hosting places that are offering BF2 ranked servers for so much a slot, has allready purchased the keys in advance, epic might not pass any more of them, but these big server companys has bought like - lets say 20 keys from the get go, and if a clan backs out after 6 months, well they can still use that same key and offer a ranked server to diffferent clan. the key dont expire.

We also need to work more as a team.
thats why someone creates a squad, then you have the different people join your squad, when you die, you can spawn on your leader as long as he isnt dead.

i usally play anti tank, that way when im in a apc or tank or chopper, if my health is in the red, I bail out and switch to anti tank, and blow choppers, and apc's and tanks all to hell.....hehehehehe, fun watching a tank come in to steal a flag and ya pop him from different angles and he has no clue where you are, until its to late...hehehee,, guess you could call it my BOOMSTICK of BF2.....lol

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I usually play medic or special opps...............if we have everyone playing different, and after we get used to the game..........well...............WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE..................lol, j/k z,l.

But I bet we would still be a great team, most of us have been playing together for years, we know each other's style of play.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:18 pm

Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

PyroJack
Elite
Elite

count me in but...

Postby PyroJack » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:24 pm

hey let me climb in the BF2 wagon but...

... don't shut down the UT2k4. It's still is fun from time to time to play a fast one with trans and all.
After getting my ass sliced and served back to me by some flying jet propulsed assholes, it feels good to get on the server and make more than 10 kills on a 20 minutes game.

by the way I got my second unlock, woohoo !

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Here is a possible logo idea. LOL

CANADIAN_BITCH
Elite
Elite

Postby CANADIAN_BITCH » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 pm

=-= I t works for me z,l.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:48 pm

I have really only given Bf2 a chance once...I enjoyed it but definitely haven't had the time for any practice with work and my serious UT addiction. I am always on Ut, when home...its becoming a problem...Its true that a lot of servers and good players have gone but there is still excellent competition to be had. I have also been on UT3 a bit lately and have noticed that it is further along with the mutators than I had expected. Sure, its no where near what 2004, but the forums are hopping with idea and file sharing as well as a new patch with some serious attention to UT players and modders advice/requests...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that UT will get back to what I remember it was a cpl years ago, whether its 2004 or 3, I'll be happy. As far as Bf2....I will definitely give it more of an effort to hop in to the server and start learning, just please keep the ut3 and super servers!!!

New UT3 Patch...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600148

JJ

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:34 pm

Here is a possible logo idea. LOL

LMAO. Now thats fkn funny.

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:32 am

As soon as I recover some of the money the Government stole from me all last year,when thats done I'll be glad to pony up. :D Would be nice to set a few limitations on those !%##$%^&**^ jets also. I miss the old AA guns from BF 1942

cammie
veteran
veteran

Postby cammie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 am

Well you know im in.......

And true.....even if its a bit more costly....32 slot server is the way to go......i persoanly have 500 hours or close to it in bf2....and ive never jumped on a 20 slot server....20 slot server to me would be awesome as just a sniper game.....prolly would be realy fun......but you need traffic....you dont want to pay for a 20 slot....even though its easier on our pockets....and have a dead server.....

If we can get some regular non clan players jumping in weekly......maybe we can eventualy get this to stretch out further then 6 months......more regs....more friends....more initiative to want to be part of the clan.....more help with the bill.....

So count me in for a 32 slot server...cya on the battlefield.....

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”