MPC RANKED SERVER ?

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Sun May 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Warlord is in the Special Forces pack. The servers I've been playing on with that map are almost always full, and the people squad up. You can rack up the points with resupply's, and Medic bags with revives. I've been switching between the 2 kits to spam with the bags and get points LOL. Plus in a squad if you spawn on them you get easy resupply points. Then you can send in some tear gas before your squad tries to take a flag.

Thats were I've gotten most of my badges, just because you will get more kills in a round on a map like that. Plus the SF Badges are mostly 1 or 2 kills more then regular BF so it's like getting double Badges.

If you want a map that is big,open and free to move around in but is not set up to be dominated by jets? Try FuShe Pass, I know it's not high on the list but every map has its core fans that look for it on a server.

As far as our server goes, it will never be popular as a DV server due to our rule with Jets. DV is ranked at #4 because of what it is, a Jet Whoring map. So is Wake Island. People will play it elsewhere because they can play it that way. Don't get me wrong, I like the rule but it probably has turned more people away than it has attracted I.M.O..

Cruce
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cruce » Sun May 04, 2008 12:17 pm

According to GameTracker the 2 most played maps on our server are Dragon Valley and Dalian Plant. I am not that familiar with Dalian Plant. What are your thoughts on that map? If so many like Karkland, then why aren't people playing it? Our most active days are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, followed by Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays. Sundays are non existent. Is it because of the map that is playing on Sundays? Could it also be the reason why Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays are down? Maybe we should rename the server to MPC BF2 Ranked - Dragon Valley (Su,M,T), Karkland (W,Th,F,Sa)? Or Dalian Plant? People like routines. If people like DV and know that it will be running on the server Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays without changing, then people are more likely to come and stay. Some people may not even bother joining knowing that the map could be changing and people will leave, so why even bother join in the first place. Those are just my thoughts.

We definitely need to work better as a team. Whenever I play on our server, I always seem to be on the losing side where everyone seems to be lone wolf. I have more wins by playing on servers where I am in a pack of 2-3 squad members.
-Cruce
--------------------------------------
a cruce salus - from the cross comes salvation

yodaddy
Elite
Elite

Postby yodaddy » Sun May 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Well , for right now I have the opposite problem of Mr. Wright. I have 2 jobs. I work full time in the mornings and have a part time evening job. Get home around 11 or so then get up at 4 and start all over again. This won't go on much further than football season I hope.As far as maps go none of the maps are deal breakers for me. I like dragon valley and karkand so I'll play either although every once in a while I like a little change. I prefer to play with my clanmates which is why I like the monitor. I look to see where they are playing and will usually go there even if I only have time for a quick one.

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”