JJJ13 and BF2 problems

All you ever wanted to know about BF2 and more...
yodaddy
Elite
Elite

JJJ13 and BF2 problems

Postby yodaddy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:54 am

I have been perusing some BF2 forums and have some suggestions that may help.Seems like a lot of people had problems with Vista.First reinstall the game and the patches making sure not to change the default locations of the install.(pain in the butt , I know)Once that is done , make sure you have the service pack from microsoft and the latest driver for your video card . Make sure you install all the patches for the game in order.Now if the game still does not work , right click on the bf2 exe and go to properties. Make sure you run as "admin" and as xp sp1 or 2. This , I have read , fixed a lot of peoples problems. If that doesn't work , go to the security center and turn off the account control. If that doesn't work the go to the punkbuster website and download pbweb.exe , not exactly sure about what that does but your problem might be pb related. The biggest thing seems to be the vista problems being permission related.Good luck and hope this helps. Cya on the battlefield soldier!

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:38 am

Seeing your on Vista, you might also have to let it through your firewall. I think I posted this before, but sometimes with Vistas firewall when you allow an exe through, Vista gets confused and doesn't really let it through. If that happens go to Control Panel, Windows Firewall. On the left menu, "Allow a program through Windows Firewall". Then you get to Windows Firewall Settings, in that window, you'll see a list. In that list you should see "BF2". If it's not checked, check it. If it IS checked, uncheck it, apply and close everything. Then go back in there and check it and apply.

I've had it happen with BF2 where it said it was allowed, but it still wouldn't connect. So you have to disallow and re-allow. After that I never had a problem with it connecting to the EA Master Server.

I'm not sure exactly what problems your having, but between us all I'm sure we can sort them out.

One other thing with Vista, and this has caused a lot of Vista users problems. With Vistas Windows Update, it can update all your drivers, all the software for your hardware. Sometimes that works fine, other times, especially when updating more than one thing at a time, Vista can install the wrong driver. When I reload, if I let Vista install my RAID drivers, I get blue screens. Every time. That happens because I have SATA RAID on my motherboard AND a PCI IDE controller card. Vista gets confused, downloads the drivers and installs the wrong ones to each device.

With Vista always install your drivers manually yourself.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, as soon as I return from vacation I will be needing some expertise...I will give it all I got, to get me up and going next week.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Bob found me the "key"....I'm up and going bf2 style...go easy on me...just kidding, don't.
AMD Athelon 6400 X2 5000+ 2.60GHZ - Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS - 326 GB Hard Drive - 8GB OCZ SDRAM DDR2 800 - EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB SSC Edition - 430 Watt Antec PSU - Logitech TrackBall Mouse - HP Stock Keyboard - Logitech ClearChat Pro Headset

MrWright
Elite
Elite

Postby MrWright » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Thats good to hear. Don't feel like your behind the group, I've got a friend that has been playing with us. He only has 1,842 points. Then we have an old UT friend just starting too, Pyro's buddy Cayou. He was on Ventrilo with Pyro the other night and it was a blast playing with him again. He only has 512 points.

I hope to be on Sunday sometime for some fun. Some friends are having a Soft Ball Tournament for me this weekend to help pay for my Dr. Visit in Denver. I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

JJJ13
Elite
Elite

Postby JJJ13 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 am

Well, I jumped the gun a bit on my posting...It was a mirage of sorts...was able to get into game but unable to play multiplayer. I think it boils down to me buying a CD Drive, I havent been able to rip music cd's since I upgraded to 64...I think its somehow related.

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:15 am

Hey JJ, If you need a cd rom or a dvd rom let me know, ill ship you one for free....let me know.

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:35 pm

You can mount an image and run BF2 on a virtual drive. Don't need the CD/DVD in.
Asus M2N-E, XFI Fatality Platinum, Athlon 64 6000X2, OCZ 4GB 800Mhz SLI-Ready Edition, XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX, Dual WD Rapter 150GB RAID0, Seagate 250G, Coolermaster Real Power 650w, Triple LG DVD/RW, Coolermaster Stacker

THEXFILES
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby THEXFILES » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:46 pm

You can mount an image and run BF2 on a virtual drive. Don't need the CD/DVD in.
For all us Noobs, explain how to do it please..... :D

YOU DONT STOP PLAYING GAMES WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU STOP PLAYING GAMES.

MAD
developer
developer

Postby MAD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Google. Use it. Learn it. Love it. :)

http://teamtutorials.com/software-tutor ... tual-drive

Return to “General Talk (BF2)”